The “Blaze Koneski” Faculty of Philology in Skopje, the Institute of Communication Studies – IKS and the YouThink Media Literacy Project announce the holding of a panel discussion titled “Media Literacy and the Students”, which will be held on 27.10.2022 (Thursday), at 12:30 hrs, at Amphitheatre 3 of the Faculty of Philology. The event is open to the media.
Prof. Dr. Maja Bojadzievska, vice-dean for science and international cooperation, shall hold the introductory speech at the two-hour panel discussion. Docent Dr. Christina N. Nikolovska, head of the project on “Introducing Future Philologists into the Sphere of Media Literacy,” will also give a short speech. She will present the project activities taking place at the faculty as part of the five-year programme of “YouThink”.
Discussing various aspects related to media literacy, higher education and marginalized communities will be:
– Blake Smith, Professor of the Chicago University;
– Gordana Alexova, associate professor at the Macedonian Language Department;
– Branislav Gerazov, associate professor at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technologies (FEIT);
– Bojan Shashevski, journalist from MOFF Radio, reporting on culture, diversity and educational challenges;
– Victoria Volak, sign language interpreter;
– Saranda Mehmedi, student, poet, translator and activist for the rights of refugees;
– Kristijan Lazarov, student and activist for the rights of the visually impaired.
Moderator: Santa Argirova
Contact person: Kristina Nikolovska, firstname.lastname@example.org, 071 62 48 47.